Thursday, July 1, 2010

Orange Maple Glazed Pork Chops

Here's a new fact about me - I have never eaten pork chops before. In fact, the only way I think I have eaten pork is in Pork Fried Rice or Pork Lo Mein. Odd, right? Anyhoozles, I went surfin' on the internet (again... that's what you do when your job ends in June.) and found a delectable recipe for Pork Chops that sounded very nommable.



Fo' shizzle, they wuz hawt. Ok, shake it off, J-Ho. I'm so excited to have found pork chops - they're like three bucks a package and taste like steak. Holy moly.

Ingredients:
2 Thick Cut Pork Chops
1 Cup Orange Juice
1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
(The second time I made this, I also grated in some Ginger)
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil and Buttah

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.

Salt and Pepper your Pork Chops liberally on both sides. Heat up a cast iron skillet (or any oven safe pan) and drop in your Olive Oil and Buttah. Put in your chops and sear on one side for a few minutes until brown and mouthwateringly gorgeous. Flip over, stick in a thermometer, and put in the oven until the chops reach 150 degrees.

Remove chops to a plate to rest and tent with foil. (Don't touch the thermometer - it is HOT. I learned that the hard way.) Put skillet back on the heat and deglaze with Orange Juice and Maple Syrup (and whatever else you think would be tasty - I added Ginger the second time I made this... maybe cinnamon?) Let reduce by half and pour over your choppies.

Visit The Humble Gourmand for the original recipe.

6 comments:

  1. So spoiled to live with a cook like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alton Brown is an Astrophysicist of food... thanks for this most creative recipe Jenny.

    Sadly I don't have TV but I have the internets... like youtube, where I found your channel. I have one channel you might like, GoodETV (good eats shows in two parts) and it doesn't have them silly commercials. So if you missed an episode you can hit them up to find what you need.

    Here is a master list of the Good Eats episodes with links to youtube... http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/GEFP/EpisodeByOrder.htm

    Keep making us laugh, and hungry.

    KozTowz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the comment about the sweetness and the doo. Sorry for not serving you pork chops in your younger years! We were a chinese food/ribs type pork lover family. You have brought pork "out of the closet!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your contribution on Rachel Cotrill's blog and thought you might like to look up Socca as a use for chickpea flour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, as a (nearly) lifelong veggie, I claim to know even less than you about pork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a lover of pork but you may have convinced me to try this recipe! I will report back! : )

    ReplyDelete

FoodBlogBlog Proud member of FoodBlogsAs Featured On EzineArticles
article writer